Hey, y’all! Long time you see!
I’ve been kinda quiet on all my social media platforms due to taking on a heavy workload at my main job and also going on a couple trips. Things are slowing back down again, so I hope to start going back to doing weekly posts soon. On-wards to the updates…
I’ll be attending one of Austin’s new anime conventions the August 4-6. The same organization that puts together IKKiCON are organizing AnimeCTX, so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes. I’m presenting my Freelancing in the Manga Industry panel Saturday, August 5 at 1:30 PM-2:30 PM.
I’m taking a break from paneling at AFest this year because of ALL the guests I want to meet and/or attend their panels. There are going to be a few movie premiers I’m really looking forward to watching and all the Yuri!!! On Ice related stuff.
CTC GeekFest 2017
I realize I haven’t created a post for y’all on the guest announcements, panels, contests, etc., so here’s what I know with just 3 weeks before the con:
- Confirmed special guests are Preston Corbell, O’Brien’s Orchestra, and Gabrielle Faust.
- This year there won’t be a Glow Run, but a Fun Run instead. GeekFest 5k Fun Run will take place Saturday, August 19 at 7:30 AM at CTC’s gym. Registration is $25 (race packet, t-shirt, & goody bag) till August 10 and $30 from August 11-19. You can register here.
- If you haven’t already purchased your wristbands, you can purchase them at geekfest.ctcd.edu. Here are the wristband prices now through August 17:
- VIP Pass – $50
- 3-day Wristband – $20
- 1-day Wristband (Saturday) – $15
- 1-day Wristband (Friday or Sunday) – $10
- There are still some Artist Alley tables available. For more info, go here.
- Still need more Food Vendors, too. More info can be found here.
- CTC GeekFest Jam 2017 will be located in the Artist Alley, so stop by and draw a panel.
- There are some geeky contests, too. Cosplay, Cake, and anime drawing. Check out the Contest and Tournaments page for more info.
- Partial list of programs & panels is up on the website.
- For cosplayers, the updated weapons policy can be found here.
I’ve taken a semi-hiatus from accepting new lettering contracts and that is mostly due to my increased workload at my main job. I’m hoping to start accepting contracts again mid-August to early September.