Yesterday, I attended IKKiCON 2015 in Austin and had a lot of fun. I had planned to attend Friday too, but woke up Friday morning running a fever and really congested. Sad really since 2 panels I was looking forward to were Friday.
Attended 3 industry panels:
- Working in the Anime Industry presented by Miles (@milesexpress999 Crunchyroll Brand Manager)
- Projector technicalities at the beginning, so Miles started with industry myths/forthcomings and any questions we had.
- Explained that most of the jobs at Crunchyroll don’t require degrees if applicants have equivalent practical experience. (Crunchyroll Jobs)
- Described his daily duties: checking email, freakouts over emails, data crunching, watching anime, and convention preparations.
- FUNimation Industry Panel presented by Justin Rojas (@JustRojas) and Lauren (I can’t remember her Twitter username).
- Recap of Winter 2015 anime announcements.
- Recap of Home Video releases with preview trailers.
- Crunchyroll Industry Panel presented by Miles
- Projector technicalities at the begining, so Miles decided to give away CR subscriptions through trivia and small cosplay contest.
- Announced 3 Winter 2015 anime: KanColle, ALDNOAH.Zero Season 2, and Durarara!!x2.
- Ended panel with questions and handing out ALDNOAH.Zero S2 posters.
- Miles kept us well entertained.
Disadvantage(s): Dealer Room was REALLY packed. Not enough space in the aisles at ~5 ft in width.
- WELL organized.
- Really friendly con staff.
- Lovely location Downtown Austin.
All-in-all I highly enjoyed myself and am looking forward to IKKiCON 2016. It was a lovely way to start off 2015. I wish y’all a beautiful Sunday!!