Liebster Award Rules:
To read the rules in detail click HERE.
- Post award to your blog.
- Thanks the blogger who presented this award to you and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you believe deserve some recognition and have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 Random Facts About Coco
Hardest thing for me to do… talk about myself.
- I’m a major computer/technology nerd.
- I LOVE to read; from novels to manga, fanfiction to articles, and print to digital.
- I’m a workaholic. Work full-time as a web designer, freelance letterer/editor, and part-time merchandiser. I actually go stir crazy with nothing to work on.
- I’m a cat person who owns a cat that thinks he’s a dog and a dog who thinks she’s a cat. Gets quite comical sometimes.
- My nickname Coco comes from the first 2 letters in my first and last name.
- I love dancing and playing video games, so I definitely LOVE the Just Dance and Zumba video games.
- In my free time (when I have it), I watch anime, movies, and TV shows.
- If while reading a physical book I find errors, I will stop reading, grab a pencil, and correct the mistake(s).
- Drivers not using their turn signals is a big pet-peeve of mine.
- My favorite thing to do when stressed is dance or laugh preferably at the same time. 😀
- *phew* Last one… Here’s my mantra when I start to panic: “This moment too shall pass.”
Coco’s Liebster Awards Nominees
11 Questions for Coco’s Nominees
- Why did you start your blog?
- How long have you had your blog?
- Who or what heavily influences you?
- Have you visited places outside of your country or state?
- If so, where? If not, why?
- Dream place to visit.
- Do you speak or understand another language other than your native tongue?
- What’s your most favorite book?
- What’s the origin of your nickname/screen name?
- Do you have a favorite quote?
- Were you able to meet the reward requirements?
11 Questions from Fujoshi Street
- Is your WordPress blog the only one that you have? If no, what other blogs do you have?
No, I also have a WP blog for my freelance group IS+CRU.
- How much time do you spend blogging? Answers: a. seldom …I sometimes forget my own blog address; b. on occasion …No fixed schedule, but I do post every now and then; c. regularly …daily, weekly or bi-weekly for example; d. frequently …I’ve got so much I want to say!
C. Regularly (weekly).
- How many blogs are you currently following?
Good question. I had to look… 16.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Blogging allows me to rant/vent about my freelance projects and also fangirl over my latest interests.
- What country are you from?
Hmm… That’s a loaded question for me, since I was born to USA soldier in Germany off base. I’ve lived 3/4 of my life in the USA and 1/4 in Germany. So technically I’m from Germany, but not. O.o Confusing, right?
- What is your domestic status? Answers: a. married, b. single; c. domestic partnership; d. student; e. widow/widower; f. other
- What is your occupation or study?
Occupations are web designer and freelance letterer/editor.
- If you had to choose one of these countries to travel to, which would you choose? Answers: a. Italy; b. Japan; c. Canada; d. Tunisia; e. Costa Rica; f. The Netherlands; g. Namibia
Ooh!! That’s a tough one! IF I have to choose between Italy and Japan, Japan takes the cake.
- What do you feel like eating at this very moment?
My lunch: banana, apple, tangerines, and peanut butter crackers.
- What other language would you like to learn to speak fluently?
More than one for me: Japanese, Italian, and Slovenian.
- How hard was it for you to complete the requirements of this award?
Quite hard! I don’t follow enough blogs with less than 200 followers.
11 Questions from Sinful Whispers
- What is your inspiration for your blog? What drives you to write posts?
Honestly, I started my blog out of boredom during down time at work. Started as a way to show the progress on my current projects and now I also post about my anime/manga activities.
- When you are writing, do you listen to music or write in complete silence?
While listening to music.
- What are your hobbies? List at least three!
Other than dancing, anime, manga, computers, and technology… I like to draw, go for walks, and take a swim.
- What are your strangest habits? Come on! Don’t be shy!
Wouldn’t call it a habit, but when my phone notifies me of a new email or voice message… I reply, “Thank you, JARVIS.” LOL. My text tones are JARVIS from Iron Man.
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- Do you prefer anime or manga?
Taking on the role of an Economist: It depends! Most of the time I prefer the manga, but with SO many original anime out there… It just depends!
- Do you spend more time reading blogs, writing blogs or watching video blogs on YouTube?
All three equally.
- Who is your childhood idol? Who is your idol now?
Then: Micheal Jordan and Mia Hamm. Now: Maya Angelou.
- If you could quit your job or stop going to school and spend your time doing anything you wanted, what would you do?
Letter full-time and visit the places on my bucket list.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Yes, even if you’re over the age of eighteen, I want to know what you want to be when you grow up!
I believe you never really grow up. I’m definitely what I wanted to be working in the field of Information Technology, but my passion is in lettering manga/comics.
- Do you find these questions nosey, silly or just ridiculous?
A little of all 3, but in a good way.
*phew* That took FOREVER to type up. Thanks in advance for paying it forward.