Oops! I meant to get to this sooner. Thanks to Sinful Whispers and Fujoshi Street for the nominations.
Liebster Award Rules:
To read the rules in detail click HERE.
- Post award to your blog.
- Thanks the blogger who presented this award to you and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you believe deserve some recognition and have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 Random Facts About Coco
Hardest thing for me to do… talk about myself.
- I’m a major computer/technology nerd.
- I LOVE to read; from novels to manga, fanfiction to articles, and print to digital.
- I’m a workaholic. Work full-time as a web designer, freelance letterer/editor, and part-time merchandiser. I actually go stir crazy with nothing to work on.
- I’m a cat person who owns a cat that thinks he’s a dog and a dog who thinks she’s a cat. Gets quite comical sometimes.
- My nickname Coco comes from the first 2 letters in my first and last name.
- I love dancing and playing video games, so I definitely LOVE the Just Dance and Zumba video games.
- In my free time (when I have it), I watch anime, movies, and TV shows.
- If while reading a physical book I find errors, I will stop reading, grab a pencil, and correct the mistake(s).
- Drivers not using their turn signals is a big pet-peeve of mine.
- My favorite thing to do when stressed is dance or laugh preferably at the same time. 😀
- *phew* Last one… Here’s my mantra when I start to panic: “This moment too shall pass.”
Coco’s Liebster Awards Nominees
11 Questions for Coco’s Nominees
- Why did you start your blog?
- How long have you had your blog?
- Who or what heavily influences you?
- Have you visited places outside of your country or state?
- If so, where? If not, why?
- Dream place to visit.
- Do you speak or understand another language other than your native tongue?
- What’s your most favorite book?
- What’s the origin of your nickname/screen name?
- Do you have a favorite quote?
- Were you able to meet the reward requirements?
11 Questions from Fujoshi Street
- Is your WordPress blog the only one that you have? If no, what other blogs do you have?
No, I also have a WP blog for my freelance group IS+CRU.
- How much time do you spend blogging? Answers: a. seldom …I sometimes forget my own blog address; b. on occasion …No fixed schedule, but I do post every now and then; c. regularly …daily, weekly or bi-weekly for example; d. frequently …I’ve got so much I want to say!
C. Regularly (weekly).
- How many blogs are you currently following?
Good question. I had to look… 16.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Blogging allows me to rant/vent about my freelance projects and also fangirl over my latest interests.
- What country are you from?
Hmm… That’s a loaded question for me, since I was born to USA soldier in Germany off base. I’ve lived 3/4 of my life in the USA and 1/4 in Germany. So technically I’m from Germany, but not. O.o Confusing, right?
- What is your domestic status? Answers: a. married, b. single; c. domestic partnership; d. student; e. widow/widower; f. other
- What is your occupation or study?
Occupations are web designer and freelance letterer/editor.
- If you had to choose one of these countries to travel to, which would you choose? Answers: a. Italy; b. Japan; c. Canada; d. Tunisia; e. Costa Rica; f. The Netherlands; g. Namibia
Ooh!! That’s a tough one! IF I have to choose between Italy and Japan, Japan takes the cake.
- What do you feel like eating at this very moment?
My lunch: banana, apple, tangerines, and peanut butter crackers.
- What other language would you like to learn to speak fluently?
More than one for me: Japanese, Italian, and Slovenian.
- How hard was it for you to complete the requirements of this award?
Quite hard! I don’t follow enough blogs with less than 200 followers.
11 Questions from Sinful Whispers
- What is your inspiration for your blog? What drives you to write posts?
Honestly, I started my blog out of boredom during down time at work. Started as a way to show the progress on my current projects and now I also post about my anime/manga activities.
- When you are writing, do you listen to music or write in complete silence?
While listening to music.
- What are your hobbies? List at least three!
Other than dancing, anime, manga, computers, and technology… I like to draw, go for walks, and take a swim.
- What are your strangest habits? Come on! Don’t be shy!
Wouldn’t call it a habit, but when my phone notifies me of a new email or voice message… I reply, “Thank you, JARVIS.” LOL. My text tones are JARVIS from Iron Man.
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- Do you prefer anime or manga?
Taking on the role of an Economist: It depends! Most of the time I prefer the manga, but with SO many original anime out there… It just depends!
- Do you spend more time reading blogs, writing blogs or watching video blogs on YouTube?
All three equally.
- Who is your childhood idol? Who is your idol now?
Then: Micheal Jordan and Mia Hamm. Now: Maya Angelou.
- If you could quit your job or stop going to school and spend your time doing anything you wanted, what would you do?
Letter full-time and visit the places on my bucket list.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Yes, even if you’re over the age of eighteen, I want to know what you want to be when you grow up!
I believe you never really grow up. I’m definitely what I wanted to be working in the field of Information Technology, but my passion is in lettering manga/comics.
- Do you find these questions nosey, silly or just ridiculous?
A little of all 3, but in a good way.
*phew* That took FOREVER to type up. Thanks in advance for paying it forward.
12 thoughts on “Liebster Award Nomination”
Hi! I know this is somewhat off-topic but I had to ask.
Does managing a well-established blog such as
yours require a massive amount work? I’m completely new to operating a blog but I do write in my journal every day.
I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and thoughts online.
Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers.
Thanks for your comment! 😀
I’m still fairly new to blogging also. In all truth I started this blog out of boredom/stress over my lettering assignments, but then I had fun posting.
I’d recommend that if you start a blog, base it on something you’d have fun posting about. You’d be surprised at how many people actually may find it interesting. I still get surprised sometimes from the response I get, but am grateful that I have some loyal followers.
I wish you the best of luck!!
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this
post was good. I don’t know who you are but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already
Aww… Thanks! 😀
Thank you Coco for posting and paying forward! Great to get to know a little bit about the bloggers I follow 🙂 Cheers!
I agree! 😀
1. Why did you start your blog?
… I… Well, I don’t really know, but I’m sure there was a reason. It’s more than likely that I was just bored.
2. How long have you had your blog?
Since sometime in 2013, I believe.
3. Who or what heavily influences you?
Depends on what you mean by influence. If you mean, I-swear-to-god-I-will-burn-down-this-building-and-then-hit-your-face-with-a-chair influence, then it would be many of the infuriating teachers I’ve had in the past as well as acquaintances.
4. Have you visited places outside of your country or state?
5.If so, where? If not, why?
India! Oregon! Many battle fields! Chicago! I also flew a dragon and was almost killed so many times! I only died once! I had wings once! So amazing.
6. Dream place to visit.
The U.S.A. because it seems like everybody that I know online is there or somewhere around there and damn it, I want to meet them!
7. Do you speak or understand another language other than your native tongue?
I speak a baby’s level of French and only occasionally understand it. My ears also occasionally understand Japanese. Not very often, though.
8. What’s your most favorite book?
Uh… Hm… I’m not even going to pretend that I know.
9. What’s the origin of your nickname/screen name?
I liked the name Blaze, so I called myself Blaze. And because calling myself Black or Fire just felt weird. Fire was the name of this really awesome character in this really awesome book called Fire.
10. Do you have a favorite quote?
Well… No. Not really. I have too many.
11. Were you able to meet the reward requirements?
Ha. Nope. First two times I don’t think I did either. Requirements man. We just don’t get along.
LOL! xD Loved your answers.
*smiles* Thank you!
Do you mind if I just answer the questions here? I’ve been nominated for this about two or three times before. XD
Thank you, also.
Sure. That’s fine. 😀
Okay! Awesome! *laughs* These things take forever to do.
Comments are closed.